Thanks for visiting We’re Bright At Home! I am Leslie – the photographer, writer, and project curator behind this blog. I do not take all of the credit for what goes on behind the scenes.
My husband and I do some of the home renovation projects together and my youngest son tests the kid-friendly crafts and recipes for me. Our oldest son is all grown up and living on his own.
About the author
My husband Jim and I have been married since 1988. We have two gorgeous sons, Jacob and Jackson. I have always loved creating things since I was a little girl. It all started when my grandmother taught me to sew at age 5. Since then, my interests have grown quite a bit.
What you can expect from We’re Bright At Home
When I first started this blog I wanted to write about ALL. THE. THINGS. I quickly realized that I had to only pick a few or my blog was going to be a confusing mess. I narrowed the topics down to:
- Crafts – You will find fun crafts and activities for the kiddos under the Kid’s Crafts tab and you will also find kid’s holiday crafts under the Holiday tab.
- DIY – I LOVE this category because this is where I share the renovation of our farmhouse room by room under the Home Reno tab. If you need ideas of what to do to your house on a budget, definitely check out this category frequently.
- Also under the DIY category is the Home Decor tab. This is where I share the grown-up crafts. I also share the farmhouse home decor pieces that I make for each room as it is renovated.
- Recipes – You can find budget-friendly meals under the Dinner tab and yummy sweet treats under the Dessert tab.
- Crochet – I share my patterns and projects under the Crochet tab.
Make sure you sign up for our freebies and be the first to be alerted when we post a new post or host a giveaway!