Thanks for visiting We’re Bright At Home! I am Leslie – the photographer, writer, and project curator behind this blog. I do not take all of the credit for what goes on behind the scenes.
My husband and I do some of the home renovation projects together and my youngest son tests the kid-friendly crafts and recipes for me. Our oldest son is all grown up and living on his own.
About the author
My husband Jim and I have been married since 1988. We have two gorgeous sons, Jacob and Jackson. I have always loved creating things since I was a little girl. It all started when my grandmother taught me to sew at age 5. Since then, my interests have grown quite a bit.
What you can expect from We’re Bright At Home
When I first started this blog I wanted to write about ALL. THE. THINGS. I quickly realized that I had to only pick a few or my blog was going to be a confusing mess. I narrowed the topics down to:
- Crafts – You will find fun crafts and activities for the kiddos under the Kid’s Crafts tab and you will also find kid’s holiday crafts under the Holiday tab.
- DIY – I LOVE this category because this is where I share the renovation of our farmhouse room by room under the Home Reno tab. If you need ideas of what to do to your house on a budget, definitely check out this category frequently.
- Also under the DIY category is the Home Decor tab. This is where I share the grown-up crafts. I also share the farmhouse home decor pieces that I make for each room as it is renovated.
- Recipes – You can find budget-friendly meals under the Dinner tab and yummy sweet treats under the Dessert tab.
- Crochet – You can click on the SHOP tab above to check out my Etsy shop, Nice Heart Gifts. I make crocheted items such as dolls, toys, baby items, etc. I also offer crochet patterns. I’m in the process of creating my printables too. Be on the lookout for that.
Make sure you sign up for our freebies and be the first to be alerted when we post a new post or host a giveaway!