This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I earn a small commission. I am only an affiliate for products that I use. All opinions are truthful and my own
DIY Lego Valentines
My two sons have two very different attitudes about Valentines Day. My oldest son, Jacob, has always been interested in girls. Seriously. He came home from the first day of Pre-K 4 and said he had a girlfriend. He has been girl crazy ever since. My youngest son, Jackson, on the other hand, is 11 and thinks girls still have cooties (YIPPEE!)
Jacob buys his own Valentines Day cards and gifts these days. So I have to come up with Valentine’s Day cards that Jackson will like. He says, “They have to be normal”. Jackson hasn’t liked any of the Valentines in the stores. So we headed to Pinterest for some ideas. I think these are normal and pretty clever for any boy or girl that likes Legos. Follow this tutorial if you are looking for Lego Valentines with free printables.
Grab your free printables and follow the following tutorial. Your kids will have the coolest Valentine cards in class!
- Construction paper or Colored Cardstock
- White Card stock
- Double-sided tape or Glue stick
- Paper cutter or Scissors
- Lego card printables —>download & print Valentine card & message
2. Print the message on white card stock.
3. Let your child color and decorate. Have them sign their name. Cut it out.
6. You don’t have to stop there! You can use a hole punch to punch a hole into the Valentine card. Then add each child’s name to a square of paper to make a name tag. Use bakers twine to attach it to the card. This is also a good place to attach a friendship bracelet or other small novelty. Or if your child has a lot of Legos he/she would like to share with their class, they could do as Jackson did here and add a Lego guy. They could put the toy they make in a little plastic jewelry bag and staple it to the Valentine. Your child could think up other things to make from Legos to give to their classmates.
7. Give one to each friend in class!
I love this DIY Lego Valentine idea! It’s a great way to let your child be creative all while sharing with their friends at school. If you enjoy making things check out the DIY category on this blog.
Be sure to grab your copy of the Lego Valentine Printables and follow along with the tutorial above. Click the image below to get yours!
Check out these clever DIYs for Valentine’s Day: